Skip to main content

Spread around

Ok, so...this is the third entry this year in the blog, and it's July already.

The thing is, I started posting my stuff in a few other places and always made updating the blog the lowest priority. At first I meant to do some monthly updates with anything I had, but posting the same thing all over again at a later date made no sense actually, and that got me thinking about what to do with this blog.

For starters, there's been some sort of redesign. Blogger added new features and I played with them a bit. Happier with this design than I've ever been with the previous one.

Along with the new colours and blurry fuzziness came a widget link to my Twitter account. This is nice and all, but I don't see a way to subscribe to that other than joining their site. So there's the box to show what I post in there, that you will probably only see when you visit here, and, with no new posts, that'll be never. The important thing about this is:

Where's the content gone?

Most of it has gone now to MountainOfMinutes.
If you don't already know the site, it's a collaborative thing where some blenderheads post their stuff. And I happen to be one of them, so, whenever I sculpt something it goes there, same applies to timelapses.

Take this image as example:

If you click the image you will see my post there yesterday with this render, a time lapse of the process, and a render of another sculpture.

Going back to Twitter, I had an account for some time there, as well as a Facebook account. I also started a Tumblr blog about a year ago. This three places are where most probably my images first appear.
I think that most of what I posted there end up in this blog, but some things are lost, like this 2d doodle:
http://yfrog.com/h7mu26j

So with everything sculpt-related and the silly drawings out. What's left?

Well, there's this quicky-simple AR thing I did for a friend:
http://www.escolavalenciana.org/feslloch/codi/index.html

this video for the background visuals of a play:


And there's a couple of videos that I've already linked to on Twitter.

A video showing Softblend theme with a few different files:


a doodle with 2.57:


And there is another one that I don't even need to post, because Murat Egretli has been kind enough to do so already :)
http://foreverblender.blogspot.com/2011/07/news-onion-branch-testing-1.html

So, as you can see, almost everything I do gets linked somewhere else, spread everywhere and, most of the time, fed to the same audience. Should I add to the noise and repost everything here?

Comments

  1. no worries Mr. Roch:)

    we are still here to see your findings and creations:)
    I inked mountain of minutes now, but still i'd drop the links here now or then (not much work involved).. i always enjoy checking back now and then and see what you came up with, great stuff.
    Mountain of minutes posts are huge...great sculpts!!!

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nixon!

    Thanks. Always happy to read you, I'll keep posting here. If there's nothing new, I'll do weekly-monthly updates with everything I posted online.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Open Sourcing

Some days ago, I caught myself ranting while doing a test recording for a tutorial. I've been asked several times to produce a sculpting tutorial, but, since I'm still learning and still trying to figure out a lot of things, always ended up with the feeling that everything I could say has already been said. So, the only point for it would be to talk about the Blender specific topics. But there aren't many things about my work flow that are Blender only. I think I covered all the needed settings and the brushes I use lately with the Onion branch in the following pdf. Click the image to download the file. So, my rant was about how there is all this free knowledge online about sculpting, but, a lot of Blender users seem to neglect it because they only look for Blender tutorials. And that gave me the idea. Publish a list of all the videos and tutorials I've been gathering, and let everyone compile their own build of 'Sculpting with Blender'. Even thoug

sculpt_startup.blend

Everything should happen in the 3D View Following what I said in my UI proposal some time ago, and with Dyntopo having its options in the Tool Shelf, I've made some adjustments to my default Sculpt layout. Only the 3D View with an open Tool Shelf is needed to start sculpting now, removing even more unnecessary choices and making access to Sculpt Mode in Blender easier. Ctrl+UpArrow shows the full layout which contains the 3D View, an Outliner set to 'visible layers', and the Properties window. With this layout you can sculpt various objects without having to leave Sculpt Mode, selecting them from the Outliner. Here's a demo video of a few objects sculpted with Dyntopo and the current layout: We could switch a few more things to the 3D View to make the two extra windows redundant. Matcap or Material assignment. In past GSOC projects, a Matcap selector was coded and added to the Properties panel of the 3D View. While I liked it, and

Noise

Cave painting. Shaman Barcelona chair Credits for the chair scene: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/author/marcin_hrn/ http://www.blendswap.com/blends/author/pcraven/ http://www.blendswap.com/blends/author/lsmft/ http://www.blendswap.com/blends/author/jclevet-net/ http://www.blendswap.com/blends/author/nikitron/ http://www.blendswap.com/blends/author/metalix/